Math Counts is an activity that provides students with the following benefits:
- A challenging and fun activity that helps them in their math classes.
- A chance to share common interests with new and often long-lasting friends.
- An opportunity to meet students from other schools.
- The experience of developing teamwork skills.
- A chance to vie for scholarships and prizes.
- A sense of accomplishment that comes from setting and achieving goals.
- An opportunity to explore mathematics and mathematics-related careers.
- A chance to explore mathematics that isn't always taught in middle school classrooms.